Picked a destination? Now find your hotel.
Click the city below to learn about nearby hotels and book.
Enter to win a trip to Hawaii.
Help us to add to our Travel Guide and you could win one of two 7-day/6-night luxury trips to Hawaii. Post a photo of your favorite travel spot to Instagram with #HGITravelGuide and #ContestEntry to enter.
Get ready to submit your entry starting March 14th.
*The above posts are examples and not from real users.
Hilton Garden Inn® Travel Guide Contest
- DESCRIPTION: The ""Hilton Garden Inn® Travel Guide Contest"" ("Contest") begins on Monday, March 14, 2016 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on Monday, April 25, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (""Submission Period"). The Contest provides eligible entrants (each, an "Entrant" and collectively, "Entrants") with the opportunity to share a photo via Instagram featuring a travel point of interest ("Submission") for consideration as described below. The Sponsor of this Contest is Hilton Worldwide, Inc., 7930 Jones Branch Dr., McLean, VA 22102 ("Sponsor"). The administrator of this Contest is Creative Zing Promotion Group ("Administrator"), 189 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1130A, Orlando, FL 32801. The Sponsor and Administrator shall collectively be referred to as the "Contest Entities".
ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY & SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: In order for an Entrant to be eligible to participate in the Contest and to be considered as a potential winner, the Entrant and the Submission must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Entrant must be a legal U.S. resident physically residing within the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. Void in AK, HI and where restricted or prohibited by law;
- Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in his/her state of primary residence at the time of entry;
- Entrant must be the rightful owner of the Instagram account associated with the entry. In the event of a dispute, the Entrant or potential winner will be deemed the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the Instagram account. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person in whose name the e-mail account was opened. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant or potential winner cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible;
Entrant must NOT be an employee, shareholder, officer, director, agent or representative of the Contest Entities or Sponsor's marketing and/or advertising agencies nor can Entrant be an Immediate Family Member and/or Household Member of such persons. For purposes of the Contest, "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year; "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings or spouses.
Submissions must meet the following criteria:
- The Submission must be original to Entrant and Entrant must be the rightful owner of the Submission or must have the rights, title and interest necessary to utilize the Submission for the Contest in compliance with these Official Rules;
- Submission must not have won previous awards;
- Submission must be in accordance with Section 3 below; and
Submissions are subject to the following Content Restrictions:
- Submission must NOT contain material that infringes or violates any applicable laws or regulations or any right of a third party including: (1) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (2) right of privacy or publicity; or (3) any confidentiality obligation. For example, Submission, and any clothing items appearing in the Submission, should NOT contain names or logos of businesses, sport teams, celebrities, music, television shows or movies; Submission must NOT include third parties/people, who have not expressly authorized in writing the Entrant to feature their name, image or likeness in the Submission or otherwise use such name, image or likeness in accordance with these Official Rules. If applicable, selected Winner may be required to verify such authorization in the form of a release;
- Submissions must NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of Contest Entities, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), defamatory, libelous, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., illegal gambling, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable;
- Submission cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Submission must NOT contain any third-party content that is protected by copyright (without the express prior written consent of the owner of such right) or include names and/or descriptions of any copyrighted media production, including, without limitation, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property;
- Submissions must NOT contain any derogatory references to any Contest Entities;
- Submission cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Submission cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
Contest Entities reserve the right to request that an Entrant edit or completely remove any content that may intentionally or unintentionally violate these Official Rules prior to any judging phase and Entrants must promptly comply with any such request or the Entrant will be disqualified. Contest Entities will determine in their sole discretion which Submissions have satisfied the requirements of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The Contest will offer Entrants an opportunity to progress to the Contest judging phase and will operate as follows:
Contest Entry: During the Submission Period, Entrant must log into his/her Instagram account and post or repost an eligible Submission to Instagram and geo-tag a nearby Hilton Garden Inn. In addition, the Submission must include both the hashtags #HGITravelGuide and #ContestEntry (the "Entry Hashtags") for consideration in the Contest. Entrants may post or repost multiple Submissions, but each individual Submission must be unique. Your Instagram account must be set to public in order to participate in this Contest.
Top 50 Selection: Up to fifty (50) eligible Submissions with the highest number of Instagram "likes" at the end of the Submission Period will progress to the Contest Judging phase (each a "Finalist"). Those selected to proceed to judging WILL NOT receive notice of their status.
Contest Judging: Up to fifty (50) Finalists will be reviewed and scored by a panel of judges, selected by the Sponsor, to determine two (2) "Grand Prize Winners", as defined below. Eligible Submissions will be judged in accordance with the following equally weighted criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
- Relevance to the Contest's creative theme
- Originality of Submission
- Relevance to the Brand and Brand identity
The two (2) Finalists with the highest total score among all Judging Criteria will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Winners, subject to verification. In the event of a tie when determining the Top 50, the Submissions in the tied position will all progress to Contest Judging. In the event of a tie during Contest Judging, the tied Submissions will be re-judged by an additional Contest judge who will serve as a tie-breaker using the same Judging Criteria as outlined herein to determine two (2) potential Grand Prize Winners, in his/her sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than fifty (50) Submissions in the event that Sponsor does not receive sufficient, eligible Submissions.
Submissions must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on April 25, 2016. Use of the Entry Hashtags and entry of a Submission into the Contest constitutes Entrant's understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor's decisions are final in all matter relating to this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. Sponsor's decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Official Rules generally. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST ENTER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Sponsor has the right to change the Submission Period, and all other dates or deadlines set in connection with this Contest, at any time and in its sole discretion, and notice will be posted on the Website.
- WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: On or about May 2, 2016, the two (2) potential winners (each a "Potential Winner" or collectively "Potential Winners")with the highest total point scores among all Judging Criteria as determined by the judging results (or tie-breaker) will be will be notified via Instagram in the form of a direct message or comment from the Sponsor. Each Potential Winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the Sponsor within three (3) days of the notification and provide his/her email address and/or phone number, as directed. Failure to respond within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of the prize. If a prize goes unclaimed or a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such Potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected based on the judging results, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and/or Administrator in accordance with the aforementioned procedure. Each Potential Winner will be required to complete, sign and return within five (5) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, "Prize Acceptance Forms). Failure to return the Prize Acceptance Forms within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries. Administrator, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) Potential Winners of each prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If a prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, such prize may not be re-awarded, in Contest Entities' sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, Instagram account, and/or telephone number of entrants. Sponsor's decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of progressing to the judging phase depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of eligible “likes” received by each entry.
GRAND PRIZE: Two (2) “Grand Prizes” are available. Each Grand Prize consists of one (1) 7-day/6-night luxury trip to winner's choice between Waikiki Beach or Kauai Wailua Bay, Hawaii (the "Trip"). The Trip will consist of the following: (a) Round-trip coach class airfare for Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) travel companions ("Guests") from a gateway airport near the Grand Prize Winner's permanent residence to airport in close proximity to the destination; (b) Ground transfers between the airport and the hotel in the destination; (c) Hotel accommodations at the winner's choice between the Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach or Kauai Wailua Bay for up to six (6) nights' in one (1) quad occupancy, standard, room (room and tax only); (d) Reservations and dinner (not to exceed $500) at an upscale restaurant, as selected by the Grand Prize Winner based on his/her dining preferences; (e) Excursion reservations (not to exceed $500) for tours and/or attractions selected by the Grand Prize Winner based on his/her preferences; (f) $1000 spending allowance awarded in the form of a check made payable in the name of Winner and (g) $3000 incidental/tax allowance awarded in the form of a check made payable in the name of Winner in December of the year the Trip was fulfilled. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize: $10,000. Actual value of Trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
It is currently contemplated that travel will take place after August 31, 2016 and before July 1, 2017. Sponsor and/or Administrator will work with the Grand Prize Winner to determine mutually agreeable travel dates; however, Sponsor and/or Administrator reserve the right to designate exact travel dates, at their sole discretion. Travel is subject to availability and travel restrictions/blackout dates may apply. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. Grand Prize Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Contest Entities, who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) of comparable value, in their sole discretion.
Each Grand Prize Winner's Guests must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, unless the Grand Prize Winner is such Guest's parent or legal guardian. Each Guest (or if such Guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to verify address and to execute a Travel Companion Release, as directed by the Administrator, prior to the travel departure date. Failure to return the executed Travel Companion Release within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the Trip for the Guest.
Grand Prize Winner and Guests must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip. Grand Prize Winner and Guests agree to undertake the Trip at their own risk. All travel arrangements must be made through Contest Entities. Winner and Guest(s) must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver's license) required for travel. Once Guest(s) are selected, they may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline will be selected by Contest Entities in their sole discretion. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Once Trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Contest Entities' sole discretion. Contest Entities will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers. Any costs of travel exceeding the allowance provided herein shall be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. For the avoidance of doubt, the Grand Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for all costs, expenses, and incidentals associated with prize acceptance and use, including, but not limited to, additional ground transportation, additional meals and activities, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare may be charged to the Grand Prize Winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the Trip. Contest Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges, including, without limitation, any baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable Federal inspection fees. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No cash alternatives or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Contest Entities. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Contest Entities, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. For tax reporting purposes, the Grand Prize Winner must provide Contest Entities with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the prize received. Grand Prize Winner and Guest(s) are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
Trip Conduct: Grand Prize Winner and Guests shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. They shall not, while representing the Contest Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The Grand Prize Winner and Guests shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Contest Entities in society or bring the Contest Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule, or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Contest Entities. In the event the Grand Prize Winner or Guests engage in behavior that (as determined by Contest Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, the Contest Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or Guests home with no further obligation related to the prize.
Contest Entities maintain no control over the personnel, equipment, or operation of any air, water or surface carrier, transportation company, tour provider, restaurant or venue ("Providing Party") and Sponsor is merely an independent supplier of the Trip and is not in any way related to each Providing Party. The Contest Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of those Providing Parties or any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (b) by any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, instrumentality, service, product, or accommodation that is owned, operated, furnished, or otherwise used by any of those suppliers, (c) by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Contest Entities, or (d) by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Contest Entities.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS & RIGHTS RELEASE: Each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor and its designees the irrevocable, royalty-free right to use, copy, transmit, distribute, adapt, modify, delete, display or make derivative works of the Entrant's Contest Submissions and Instagram image for use in Contest-related social media, publicity and promotion and for purposes of Contest administration. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the Entrant's decision to upload or post a Submissions for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Contest Entities and Entrant, does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant's entry, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Sponsor and its designees and Entrant is as set forth in these Official Rules and any additional release forms. By submitting a Submission, you agree that your Submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the Submission without any additional compensation. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. In consideration of Entrant being confirmed as a Winner, such Winner grants to the Sponsor and its designees the exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, edit, sublicense, make derivative works, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display his/her Submission, Instagram handle and Instagram image, photo, name, likeness, biographical data, city, state of residence and quotations furnished by the Winner (the "Materials") in advertising, marketing, programming or promotional materials, worldwide in perpetuity in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of electronic media, print media and all forms of internet and wireless protocol and on a winners' list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Winner understands that his or her name and Materials may be posted on the Sponsor's website and/or social media profiles in connection with the Contest. Winner agrees that the Sponsor and its designees have no obligation to post any Material. Winner releases the Contest Entities, and their assigns and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may designate the Administrator to handle winner selection, notification and fulfillment tasks on Sponsor's behalf. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities, which shall be final in all respects.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; RELEASE; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release the Contest Entities and each of their respective advertising agencies, successors, employees, agents, representatives and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, losses or damages arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance or use of a prize, including any travel related thereto. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) any injuries, losses, liabilities or damages of any kind including personal injury or death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize including participation in any activity related thereto, or from participation in the Contest, including any travel related thereto; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (v) any inability of winner to accept or use any prize (or portion thereof) for any reason and such prize or portion thereof shall be forfeited; or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials or activities associated with the Contest. Contest Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer or mobile system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Contest Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest (or any portion of the Contest) at any time for any reason or should fraud, a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, extenuating circumstance or other problem/cause corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Contest and, in such situation, will select the winners from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Contest Entities. Contest Entities may prohibit Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Contest Entities representatives.
As a condition of entering, Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH VIRGINIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS.
- ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Contest, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Contest. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant's and/or Sponsor's individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
LIST OF WINNERS/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to "Hilton Garden Inn Travel Guide" Winners/Rules, 189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1130a, Orlando FL 32801. Requests for the name of the winners must be received no later June 31, 2016. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram. Instagram is completely released of all liability by each Entrant in this Contest.